Saturday, February 02, 2008

Membaca amalan mulia... :-)

Aku rasa the last time aku membaca buku/novel dari front page til the end was in 2006, The Da Vinci Code dan Angels and Demon. Selain buku related to my exam (btw, i've failed my December exam very badly, not thinking to re-sit until am totally prepared), aku rasa dah lama benar aku tak membaca buku. baik buku ilmiah, or buku motivasi, or novel... currently my reading material cuma online newspapers dan kenkadang magazine Qatar Today, and travel guides (boleh terima ke?).. and can we consider blog as a reading material... sungguh tak berilmiah... hahaha...

Reading was my only hobby masa kecik-kecik dulu... tapi lepas habis study, aku rasa macam aku dah malas membaca. semlm aku bersembang ngan my company's chairman legal adviser, and discuss abt economy and middle east, nampak sangat kurang my knowledge pasal tu. nampak sangat that i know the surface of it. rasa betul-betul inferior.

so as a start, i need to find good books yg boleh inspired me to read. baik fiction or non-fiction, buku agama or buku novel, or buku motivasi. Anyone of you read a very good book lately? my target is to finish a book in at least 2 weeks... thats approximately 26 books a year... (since tahun ni dah habis 4 minggu so 24 books je lah, cukup tak?). I've chosen a book regarding my current company to start with. so for you out there, please suggest me a very good book that i should read. :-) but not those books yg dah or will ada filem like the kite runner, harry porter, pride n prejudice, or even devil wears prada... hehehe.. i would rather watch the movie...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Usually we will be inspired to read based on recommendation or our interest.

I've been reading a novel titled Shantaram, Jakarta Undercover Part II and Stumbling On Happiness.

Or u can try to read something more controversial like how Raja Bahrin kidnapped his kids from Melbourne to KT through Darwin and Indonesia.

SHAH, THE HELL'S FIREWOOD said...

try Khaled Hosseini and Rohinton Mistry. i know Hosseini penned The Kite Runner but his other works are worth reading.

anyway, it's just a suggestion.

Que Sera Sera said...

Well, definitely my favourite, Chicken Soup for the Souls series..:-) I bought three of those last week, but have not yet got the time to read it..:( I even have a dream to have a sophisticated book store on my own, insyaAllah..:-)