Monday, September 04, 2006

The Starter...

Sejak balik dari Itali backpacking tahun 2004 i've been dreaming to visit all the places in the world. Some might say that there's a 'travel bug' melekat behind my back. From there on mulalah berangan2 pergi to many places... and even prepare a budget to see those places... and also for my own round the world trip.

Then, bila mula buat budget tu, setelah fikir2 semula, mcm tak logik jer i mampu utk menggapai impian tu... dgn gaji yg tak seberapa nih, dgn segala hutang yg ada (umah n kereta) byk pulak penghalang nyer... so i ask around and ask to myself how will i ever fulfill my ambition... i've sent a post to thorntree.lonely planet... i asked the whole world to give me ideas how can i work on it... (in fact, my question has become the thread of the day... mcm soalan paling menarik hari ini... and diletakkan kat frontpage of the website...)

many ppl from the whole world gave out ideas to me and most of them ask me to save and save and save.... and memberi semangat... but from there, ada a few yg bg suggestion to work while travelling... and to work abroad... which i found as brilliant ideas... but where and how??? i can't be a bartender at the light district in London or New York, i don't think i'm good enough to become an english teacher in south korea, i don't have a licence to become diving instructor in Egypt, or should i be a cherry pickers in the farm in New Zealand hmmm.....how abt working professionally oversea, hmm i don't have recognisable educational background lah... i studied locally and i take local professional papers instead of those world renown examinations... i give a try thru few online applications.. but none responded... ok, then i tried to search for jobs in Malaysia which will need me to go overseas extensively... but my fieldwork mmg kebanyakannyer hanya desktop job i.e. setiap hari duduk lah depan computer nih.

At the same time while searching for the jobs to improve my life... i kind of settled with what i had in hand... i travelled to various places... I almost covered the whole ASEAN, I went to bali, bangkok, siem reap, singapore and jakarta (to name a few)... and the furthest to Turkey.... then i decided that this is how i should travel the whole world... still working in Malaysia... try to earn more.. save a bit and spend on these short trips... I'm happy with it... and therefore i've spent the past 1 1/2 years doing all that.

But still hiding in me was my ambition to see the whole world... whenever i got to know that any of my friends got attachment for couple of weeks in somewhere out of Malaysia... tetiba jer i rasa jealous... whenever my fren got secondment to oversea i asked myself, why my job doesnt require me to do the same... this little fellow inside me keep bugging again and again... find a job out there.... anyway, i still have my resume in the online jobseeker website. but i've decided to stay...

masa tgh cari keje lain... (because i think its time for me to change job lah) i come accross one job advertisement, an MNC company based in Qatar which just set up their asia pacific branch in KL... no harm trying, i apply for the job without knowing that i'll be based in Qatar. after 1 month plus gone... there's no news from the company.. so i assumed they've got their man... and me fortunately secured a new job in a huge conglomerate in Malaysia.. ok... settled... but to my surprise, the Qatar company reply my email n call me... and i went for interview and now they offer me a job plus they said i'll be based in Qatar and not in Malaysia.... and it came so sudden...

it came when i've decided to work in Malaysia, when i've feel comfortable with current life, when
i dont want that offer... Again, it's not just an offer.. but an offer that i cant resist.. the package that i wanted... the thing that i've been thinking for the past 2 years or more... it's an opportunity for me to open up a new book in my life... another phase of me.... hmmm... and i think i've decided that i have to take it.....

So this will be my first step to 'conquer' the world.

No comments: